A website is not only a place to showcase your products and services. It’s not all about showing cute images and impressive company backgrounds. These days, websites play a more diversified role in the sales process. The most compelling sites engage customers, build trust through valuable content and information, capture leads to create lists of future customers and use social media to spread the word.
How to make your website engaging?
Provide website content that is informative, valuable, and entertaining.
Use various modes of communication. Include articles, videos, images, podcasts, infographics, etc.
Use compelling calls to action, aimed at converting visitors into customers or subscribers. Tell your visitors to call you, to subscribe, to click, or to buy.
Provide incentives and state benefits (e.g. special offers for subscribers, competitions for commenters, etc.)
Encourage interaction through a comment, surveys, or social media.
Integrate social media:
Share your website and blog content on your social networks
Prompt your visitors to share your content on their social networks
Invite your visitors to join your social networks (follow on Twitter, Like your page on Facebook, etc.)
Is your website MOBILE friendly?
9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to action. Over HALF lead to a purchase. This is explained mostly by the fact that most mobile searches are conducted for local products and services, to be consumed within a short timeframe. The catch? This only works if your website is mobile friendly. That is, if your mobile looks great on a smart phone, is easy to use and compels to action.
Have you looked at your website from a mobile phone? If it looks like a tiny version of your original website, and you have to zoom in to read your content or menu, it means your website is NOT mobile friendly. It also means that no one will spend any time navigating your hard-to-read website on their mobile phone, and move on to your competitor’s mobile-friendly website!
What’s on your website home page?
Your home page is often the very first page your online visitors will see. You only have a few seconds to capture their attention and convince them to stay! Read the article below for spunky tips on optimising your website home page:
Here are 5 tips to making your home page useful for promoting your business and rewarding for your online visitors.
1. Header. This is the top area where your logo, title of your website or company and a tagline or slogan describing what you do are displayed. As this is the first point of call for your visitor, it’s important to deliver a clear message about who you are, what solutions your business provides, and get your personal or business brand trusted instantly! If people judge books by their cover, they’ll also judge your business by your website home page! So make sure you show your BRAND in the best light possible with quality header graphics and a convincing tagline.
2. Navigation Menu. This is your opportunity to give a short list of everything you do. With only a few pages to display in a single menu, you must choose your categories AND your WORDS wisely. Show your entire range of topics, resources and services, so that, your visitors can identify something they need and grasp the scope of your business. Keep your website easily to navigate, and provide menu items that correspond to what your visitors are looking for.
3. Call to action. My favourite call to action is to simply ask your visitors to subscribe to your list; it takes a few seconds, it’s not too committing for them, you’re generating leads, and you’re building your list of potential customers for your email marketing campaigns. Of course, if you have some great offers or other relevant pages you want your visitors to visit, tell them! Make a clear call to action and show them where to go and what to do! By making a compelling call to action or a great offer, and showing them the way, you’re also taking out the guesswork for your visitors.
4. Video. Videos are great because they are engaging, and they allow you to talk to your visitors, to show your genuine brand and to build trust. You can make a short welcome video specifically for your home page, or you can also share a branding or information video. For communicating your brand, video is one of the most credible media to use to promote your business online.
5. Social Media. You can easily integrate simple social media marketing strategies in your online strategy for your business. If you’re active on social networking and bookmarking sites, you can invite your visitors to connect with you there so that you can continue to engage them and share more value. Make it easy with direct links to your profiles, and most importantly make it inviting – tell your visitors about the benefits of joining you on your social networks and pages and telling them about the value you provide to your fans and followers.