The growth has been staggering, even in what many would call an overly social era. But surrounded by Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc., Pinterest has really made a name for itself.
These are the points we found most interesting:
- The number of Pinterest users to visit the site daily has gone up 145 percent since the beginning of 2012
- Pinterest content is very different in the UK, and more centered around venture capital, blogging resources, web analytics and the like
- Over 80 percent of pins are actually re-pins rather than brand new content
- Pinterest user growth is better than that of Facebook and Twitter at the same point in their history
- As expected, 80 percent of Pinterest’s user base is female
- Brands are having a helluva time leveraging Pinterest — Better Homes & Gardens has 25,000+ followers on Pinterest, compared to 21,000 on Twitter